- General Information
- Snow Removal
- Brush Pickup
- Fall Leaf Pickup
- Compost Site
- Sanitary Sewer & Service Lateral
- Watermain & Water Service
Director of Public Services
Phone: (269) 659-7291
Brush pickup in the City of Sturgis is held three times per year, during the first week of April, May, and October. Brush will also be picked up throughout the spring and summer as needed following substantial storm events.
The following rules and guidelines regarding regular brush pickup are also in effect:
- No limbs, branches or brush material larger than 4" in diameter will be collected.
- No limbs, branches or brush material longer than 8' in length will be collected.
- No grass clippings, roots, thorn bearing branches, tree trunks, stumps, or construction materials will be collected.
- A limit of 1 truck load of material per parcel will be collected and hauled away.
- Materials must be neatly stacked on the terrace away from objects or obstructions such as power poles, guy wires, sign posts, valve boxes, etc.
In the fall the City provides for loose leaf pickup. Leaf pickup normally starts in the third week of October and continues through the end of November as weather permits. A notice is placed in the local papers several times prior to and during the leaf pickup.
Leaves should be placed in the terrace area for collection. Under the current composting system, we prefer that you do not put leaves in plastic bags. If you choose to put leaves in bags please call the DPS office at 651-2879 between 7:30am to 4:00pm, Monday thru Friday and let us know so we can make arrangements to pick them up as our schedule permits.
Leaf pickup is for City of Sturgis residents only. If you have a 5-digit address and thus live in a township, you are responsible for the disposal of your leaves.